Job Posting: JB+A AssociateFebruary 27th, 2023
About Jenni Byrne + Associates:
Jenni Byrne + Associates (JB+A) is Canada’s fastest growing full-service public affairs and government relations firm. We’re based in Toronto, Ontario but we have staff who work from coast to coast. We provide a wide range of clientele with the expertise and knowledge they need to effectively navigate some of the most complex communications and public policy issues.
Team members approach every file with their own unique background and experience and work collectively with other JB+A staff to foster an environment where good ideas spread like wildfire.
What being an associate at JB+A means:
Working at JB+A means working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while possessing a strong understanding of how Government works and operates and being able to boil down complex policy making decisions into easy-to-understand terms. An associate at JB+A must also recognize how to build and maintain government and stakeholder relationships, as well as be skillful in communications.
In this role, you would be joining a team that specializes in government relations, strategic communications planning, crisis management, public relations, and media training.
If all the above sounds like you, apply to join our rapidly growing firm!
- Being able to work on multiple issues simultaneous in a fast-paced environment.
- Compelling writing skills.
- Strong understanding of how government works and operates within provincial and national politics.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, including a commitment to teamwork.
- Acute understanding of how to conduct research and analyze data.
- Effectively applying creative thinking and problem-solving skills to develop smart, insight-driven strategies to address a client’s challenges.
- Preparing eye-catching presentations to government, letters to Ministers and key officials, briefing notes, speaking points, and other content for clients.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Monitoring and following government agendas and activities across multiple policy areas as well as in the media.
- Ability to lobby government officials and offices.
If we are being honest, this doesn’t really matter to us. Our ideal candidate is smart, hungry, and driven.
The JB+A Advantage:
- Fun, energetic, and cooperative working environment
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Ability to work with some of the most brilliant minds in Canadian politics
- Hybrid work model
- Career development opportunities
- Room for advancement
This position will require registering as a lobbyist. If you have restrictions, that’s ok! Just let us know in advance.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]