Job Posting: JB+A InternFebruary 24th, 2023
Jenni Byrne + Associates (JB+A) is Canada’s fastest growing full-service public affairs and government relations firm. We’re based in Toronto, Ontario but we have staff who work from coast to coast. We provide a wide range of clientele with the expertise and knowledge they need to effectively navigate some of the most complex communications and public policy issues.
We are looking for eager, driven, and professional individuals to join our summer internship program at our rapidly expanding firm. Our program will include communications, writing, media monitoring, note taking, research, business pipeline management, social media management, preparing presentation material and working collaboratively with senior staff members.
An ideal candidate has recently enrolled or graduated from a college or university degree program. But, if we are being honest, this doesn’t really matter to us. We want people who are driven, smart, and hungry.
- Research legislation or regulatory proposals.
- Watch and monitor government proceedings and media coverage.
- Create communication material for clients.
- Communicate directly with clients or potential clients.
- Prepare eye-catching presentations to government and for clients.
- Work with the team on a diverse roster of client files.
- Aid in the creation of marketing materials, social media management, and the execution of the overall marketing strategy.
- Other ad-hoc miscellaneous work relating to public and government relations, digital campaigns, and crisis management.
Our ideal candidate will be located in Toronto or Ottawa. This position can be in-person or virtual, depending on the candidate.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive internship wage with a flexible work schedule.
- The opportunity to work for a growing start-up in one of the most dynamic industries in the country.
- More responsibility and opportunity than your average internship.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]