Jenni Byrne + Associates (JB+A) is Canada’s fastest-growing full-service public affairs and government relations firm. We’re based in Toronto, Ontario but we have staff who work from coast to coast. We provide a wide range of clientele with the expertise and knowledge they need to effectively navigate some of the most complex communications and public policy issues.
We are looking for eager, driven and professional individuals to join our internship program at our rapidly expanding firm. Our program will include communications, writing, media monitoring, note-taking, research, business pipeline management, social media management, preparing presentation material and working collaboratively with senior staff members.
An ideal candidate is enrolled or graduated in a college or university degree program focused on public policy, political science, public affairs, public administration or political economy. Volunteer or professional experience in politics is preferred but not necessary.
- Research legislation or regulatory proposals.
- Watch and monitor government proceedings and media coverage.
- Create communication material for clients.
- Communicate directly with clients or potential clients.
- Preparing eye-catching presentations for government officials, clients and prospective clients.
- Work with the team on a diverse roster of client files.
- Other ad-hoc miscellaneous work relating to public and government relations, media training, and crisis management.
Our ideal candidate will be located in Toronto or Ottawa. Depending on the candidate, this position can be in-person, hybrid or virtual.
What’s in it for you?
- A competitive internship wage with a flexible work schedule.
- The opportunity to work for a growing start-up in one of the most dynamic industries in the country.
- More responsibility and opportunity than your average internship.
This position may require registering provincially as a lobbyist. If you have restrictions, that’s ok! Just let us know in advance.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]